|Job level: Sales Consultant||imagePlaceholderText|
|Reports to: Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager|
|Internal liaison: Store Team, Buyers, Head Office Administration|
|External liaison: Customers, Suppliers, External Contractors|
- To achieve maximum sales and profitability, both individually and at store level, by presenting merchandise to the highest standard possible and ensuring customers needs are fully met.
- To always project a professional image.
- To take responsibility for self-development and present new ideas.
- To become familiar with the Fabb product range and the associated selling points. To use this knowledge to provide appropriate sales advice to customers and colleagues.
- To ensure that products are displayed to the highest standards possible.
- To provide and promote a professional service to customers in line with Fabb company guidelines.
- To ensure that stock is ordered, received, stored, and displayed in line with company guidelines.
- To process incoming information and enquiries in an efficient and professional manner in line with company guidelines.
- To provide specialist advice and knowledge to colleagues and customers to support the achievement of Fabb objectives.
- To positively work towards increasing the effectiveness of the organisation.
- To promote equality in working practices by developing and maintaining positive working relationships, ensuring that colleagues are treated fairly and are contributing to developing the quality of opportunity in working practices.
- To ensure your behaviour complies with Fabb values and to organise your own work effectively to meet the demands of your role. To identify, implement and monitor development activities to enhance your own performance.
- To work co-operatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of both the sales team and Fabb objectives.
- To maintain standards of professional conduct within the store.
- To display a duty of care and take appropriate action to comply with Health & Safety requirements at all times.
- To make best use of technology in support of your role, ensuring correct operation and compliance with Fabb guidelines.
- To ensure that all matters relating to the processing of information are carried out in a prompt, efficient manner in accordance with Fabb guidelines.
Measures of performance:
- Completion of allocated tasks within timescales and budget.
- Effective relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Personal and team achievements.
- Improved sales densities.
- Standard of communication.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications) to include English and Maths
Working in a retail environment
Working as part of a team
|Skills, knowledge and abilities
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with people at all levels
Ability to organise and prioritise your own workload, ensuring targets are met
Flexible attitude to duties and responsibilities
Take pride in your work and pay attention to detail
To be computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Experience within a furniture retail business