|Job level: Senior Sales Consultant||imagePlaceholderText|
|Reports to: Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager|
|Internal liaison: Store Team, Buyers, Operations Manager, Head Office Admin, Marketing, HR, Audit & Finance|
|External liaison: Customers, Suppliers, External Contractors|
- To assist the Store Manager to achieve maximum sales and profitability, both individually and at store level by presenting merchandise to the highest standard possible and ensuring customer needs are fully met.
- To develop, train and motivate designated members of the store team and take responsibility for the store team to ensure that all duties are carried out efficiently and in accordance with company procedures.
- To deputise in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Manager.
- To delegate roles and responsibilities to the store team.
- To promote the company brand and vision.
- To take responsibility for self-development and present new ideas.
- To ensure the store team acknowledge, greet, approach and serve customers by identifying their needs and ensuring merchandise sold meets those needs.
- To achieve a good working knowledge of all products sold.
- TO Identify features and benefits of all products.
- To ensure accurate lead times and correct product specifications are always quoted.
- To ensure all products are sold at the correct price at time of sale.
- To complete all necessary paperwork correctly and legibly.
- To set and achieve store and individual sales targets.
- Be aware at all times of additional sales opportunities.
- Maintain store security and attend alarm call outs as required.
Products and Merchandising
- To ensure that all merchandise is correctly priced, ticketed and presented to the highest possible standards.
- To take appropriate action where this is not found to be the case.
- To keep up to date swatches and wood samples displayed with relevant furniture.
- To assist with the display of any new ranges or reorganisation of the shopfloor.
- Assist in removal of shopfloor items and to ensure that items are correctly wrapped and labelled.
- Act immediately on information from suppliers and buyers.
- To ensure that all customers are given a courteous, considerate and responsible service.
- To ensure that personal appearance and staff dress standards are in accordance with company policy and that the store team also adheres to these standards.
- To deal with customer complaints promptly and courteously.
- To take remedial action where appropriate, including home visits, to stop further repeats, and update the Store Manager as to any action taken.
- Maintain customer service records.
- To assist the Store Manager in developing the store team by sharing any expertise in product knowledge to improve the overall store product awareness.
- To ensure all product knowledge gained from supplier training/visits is shared with the store team.
- Attend all training meetings as and when required.
- Enhance product knowledge by using own initiative.
- To ensure all training, both internal and external is recorded.
- To carry out and assist in any other store duties deemed necessary by the Store Manager.
- To have a working knowledge of all departments within the store and to take a hands-on role as required.
- To ensure that the warehouse area is kept to the highest possible standard and that stock is correctly labelled and stored.
- To ensure that stock is received, dispatched and displayed with minimum disruption to customer service.
- To ensure that stock is well cared for, ensuring damage and therefore depreciation is kept to a minimum.
- To ensure all faulty stock and customer returns/collections are dealt with efficiently.
- Assist with listing and checking at stocktaking.
- Maintain weekly sales sheets/consultant returns.
- Maintain payroll, sickness and holiday records.
- Managing store team rotas to ensure adequate cover of all departments.
- Deal professionally with issues at both personal and business level.
- Raise and check transfers, debit notes and store expenses.
- Have a working knowledge of consumer law and legal requirements.
- Effectively use computer reports to monitor store team targets and take appropriate action where required.
- Maintain and promote effective communication at all levels via verbal, written and email mediums ensuring all relevant changes in policy or operation are communicated clearly, concisely and on time.
- Maintain and encourage a management style which reflects the Fabb values.
- Have a working knowledge of all store team roles.
- To undertake, from time to time, any additional duties as requested by the Store Manager or Operations Manager for the efficient operation and function of the company.
Health & Safety
- Be aware of Health and Safety implications within the store and report any concerns to the Store Manager.
- To identify development needs of the team, arrange training and ensure staff attendance.
- To monitor and review staff performance.
- To recruit, induct and further develop by use of DRS to ensure the store team is given every opportunity to maximise their potential.
- To implement new procedures.
Measures of Performance:
- The completion of allocated tasks within timescales and budget.
- Building effective relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Personal and team achievements.
- Improved sales densities.
- Standard of communication.
|Criteria||Essential / desirable|
|Minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications) to include English and Maths||Essential|
|Proven experience of effective management of a team||Essential|
|Experience of working in a direct sales environment||Essential|
|Conducting selection interviews||Desirable|
|Skills, knowledge and abilities|
|Ability to communicate effectively at all levels||Essential|
|Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with people at all levels||Essential|
|Ability to organise and prioritise your own workload, ensuring targets are met||Essential|
|Flexible attitude to duties and responsibilities||Essential|
|Attention to detail||Essential|
|Ability to develop and motivate the team||Essential|
|The motivation to improve quality, efficiency and service in store||Essential|
|A talent for effect merchandising||Desirable|
|Experience of delivering quality service within budgetary constraint||Desirable|
|Knowledge of Health & Safety and security issues relevant to a retail environment||Desirable|
|Basic general knowledge of employment law||Desirable|
|Ability to produce clear and concise reporting for management||Desirable|
|Computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook||Desirable|