We are a fast-growing independent furniture retailer with 150 years’ experience and over 20 sensational stores spread across the UK.
With a heritage of manufacturing and supplying furniture, we are rapidly gaining market share and a reputation for being a leading industry expert.
Due to expansion of the team, we are on the lookout for an Accounts Office Manager to join our team in Peterborough on a full-time, permanent basis.
– A salary of £28,000 – £33,000 per annum DOE
– Monday-Friday day shift
– Enhanced holiday, increases with length of service
– Your birthday off
– Enhanced pension
– Enhanced sick pay, increases with length of service
– Industry leading and group product enhanced staff discount
– Length of service rewards
– Life assurance
– Free tea and coffee
– Free parking
– Staff social functions
– Refer a friend rewards
– Flexible working options considered following completion of initial training
As Accounts Office Manager you will provide focused, comprehensive, and pragmatic accounts service, advice and support to managers and employees in line with AHF policies, procedures, and legal requirements to meet the needs of the business. The role will be reporting to the Finance Director, and working closely with the Commercial Management Accountant, this role is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet of the company, alongside its cash flow and systems controls.
- Management of the Accounts team (currently 4 employees).
- Assist the Commercial Accountant with the preparation of management & financial accounts information.
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the balance sheet including monthly control account reconciliations
- Management of all aspects of the Accounts Office function, duties and responsibilities.
- Completion of the quarterly VAT return (includes Partial Exemption)
- Completion of ONS & other third-party declarations
- Support and cover roles within the team when required.
- Control of company capital expenditure and fixed asset schedule
- Assisting the Commercial Accountant with the year-end audit, including preparation of files and onsite audit
- Key point of contact for all internal employees.
- Support the payroll function as and when required.
- Intercompany reconciliation
- Ensuring the integrity of the ERP systems and the financial system
To be considered as our Commercial Accountant, you will need:
- Experience of undertaking Accounting and/or reconciliation administration duties
- PC literate, to include Microsoft and Excel
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload to ensure deadlines and personal objectives are met
- The ability to develop effective working relationships with people at all levels
- AAT Qualification
- Able to demonstrate commitment to developing a career in Accounts desirable
- Management/supervisory experience would be desirable
- Payroll support experience desirable
We are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to advance your career as Office Accounts Manager, please apply today!